My Photo
Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, MI // Madrid, Spain

Saturday, June 04, 2005

BCN

Since I work Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 9:30, updating the blog wasn't my top priority. Here's a quick update.

Regarding Air France, vote non. Actually, AirFrance makes me like Airbus. The plane was nice and the service was too. But, unfortunately, my second leg to Madrid was scheduled to depart 40 minutes after we landed. So, even if we LANDED in non... I mean France...on time, the plane for Madrid would have been boarding. It has been my experience that international flights are usually at least 20 minutes late. In any case, theoretically, the plane for Madrid should still be on the ground, even if boarding. Of course, on international flights you have to go through immigration. That means you have to to wait in line for the French police to make sure you're not a minority. Since I didn't have my burka, that only took 15 minutes. Of course, now you have to go through security again.

Did I mention the layover was 40 minutes?

So, I missed the flight. Of course, they couldn't put me on the next flight that left in 80 minutes. Why? Because my baggage "couldn't make it in time."

Wait a minute (or 150). My baggage couldn't make a flight leaving in an hour and a half, but it was going to make it in the 40 minute layover?

Vote non.

As always, Madrid and being with Pilar was great. My flatmate is going next weekend to Madrid, so I'll drive there with him. If I can get a cheap flight (i.e. 10-25 Euros, which is not that unlikely), I will probably fly back late Sunday night or early Monday morning. If not, I will drive back with them on Sunday again.

So, I missed the SpanAir flight too. That one was my fault. But, since SpanAir is cool, I got on the next flight. Because the flight attendant was a fan of social distortion, and so, of me and my shirt, he gave me free drinks.

I met one of my brother's law professors getting my bags. Random.

My luggage handle broke, and my bags were overweight. I don't know where hostels are in Barcelona (BCN), so I walked around for 4 hours with my luggage. I can't remember the last time I was so physically weak from an activity. The handle broken, my traps got much needed exercise. But, having to stop every half a block at nine o'clock at night, no hostel in sight...well, that was frustrating. I did find one during those four hours. Dormitory style with 8 other people..... 50E. Pass.

Eventually found one for 25E a night. The next couple days I spent getting things I needed (minus a second, wearable suit, which I still need), and looking for apartments. I found my apartment and it's cool. I moved in this past week. My flatmate, David, is a nice guy and we get along fine. Then again, we both work a lot, so there's really no opportunity to not get along.

Work is really great. They don't pretend its not a lot of work. At the same time, they give me a huge amount of responsibility in very important situations. The people are outstanding and respect me. We get along very well and have a lot of fun. To be honest, it doesn't feel like 9:30 to 9:30............ until I get home.

Tomorrow I need to find a suit or I'm pretty much screwed for Monday since my other suit is at the dry cleaners until Tuesday. I will, however, undoubtedly be going to the beach again tomorrow. I'm no longer pasty-white as you will see in the pictures.

Every guy wears Capris here. Which is something I was mocked for about two years ago. But, of course, I'm not gloating because those who mocked me are invariably too stupid to remember doing so.....soooo, it would be of little value. Or, they're too busy buying ridiculous looking plaid pants or, perhaps, something from the Summer 2005 Rocaware or PhatPharm line.

And Maragall, "President del Generalitat", says that the U.S. was a "great invention of Europe." I wonder if he would have said that in 1898-99. Heeeeeeeeeeeyoooooooooooo! He also thought it would be funny to wear a crown of thorns.

I'll post pictures after I take some.

Auf Wiedersane. Non.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Pilar! said...

Ponte mucha crema!!! ;) Cangrejillo!
ja
ja
ja
(q envidia!)

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Te quiero con todo mi esfuerzo.....y tatujes....;)..... eres la mas lista, mona, wapa, sexy... en todo el mundo, y si nu fueras tu..... pues.... no valiera la pena.. Te quiero pilar. No hay NADA en este mundo a partir de ti..... y eso te lo juro...

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh come on...I think I remember mocking you for wearing capris...and looking for $200 acid wash flared jeans...and just being all around violently homosexual. But then...who isnt these days? now its illegal NOT to be gay in MA. sounds like a shitty night looking for hostels...keep the nonesense coming!

skabilly! pit up! and so forth

peanut butter you bastard!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page